Please join us for a book party, celebrating recent publications by the faculty of the Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality at the University of Chicago!
When: Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Where: Seminary Co-op Bookstore, 5751 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637
Description: The Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality is grateful to faculty from across departments, divisions and schools who affiliate with the Center and generously contribute their time and energies to the Center and its continued development. Please join us on Thursday, March 2nd as we take the evening to celebrate recent books by some of the CSGS’s amazing faculty affiliates.
- Lauren Berlant (English), Sex, or the Unbearable
- Daisy Delogu (Romance Languages and Literatures), Allegorical Bodies: Power and Gender in Late Medieval France
- Wendy Doniger (Divinity), Redeeming the Kamasutra and The Ring of Truth, and Other Myths of Sex and Jewelry
- Martha Feldman (Music), The Castrato: Reflections on Natures and Kinds
- Kimberly Kay Hoang (Sociology), Dealing in Desire: Asian Ascendancy, Western Decline, and the Hidden Currencies of Global Sex Work
- Alessandra L. Gonzalez (Economics), Islamic Feminism in Kuwait: The Politics and Paradoxes
- Jonathan Lyon (History), Princely Brothers and Sisters: The Sibling Bond in German Politics, 1100-1250
- Lucy Pick (Divinity), Pilgrimage
- Johanna Ransmeier (History), Sold People: Traffickers and Family Life in North China
- Jennifer Scappetone (English), Killing the Moonlight: Modernism in Venice and The Republic of Exit 43: Outtakes & Scores from an Archaeology and Pop-Up Opera of the Corporate Dump
- Jennifer Wild (Cinema and Media Studies), The Parisian Avant-Garde in the Age of Cinema
- Tara Zahra (History), The Great Departure: Mass Migration from Eastern Europe and the Making of the Free World
- Linda M. G. Zerilli (Political Science and Gender and Sexuality Studies), A Democratic Theory of Judgment
Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation in order to participate in this event should contact the event sponsor for assistance. For events on http://events.uchicago.edu/students/, please contact ORCSA at (773) 702-8787.
Information on Assistive Listening Device
Chicago, IL 60637